So I took a little vacation and flew to Chicago to visit Megan Patterson it was so fun! It was good to spend time with her and her parents to catch up and talk about old times! 
The bean!

The bean!
Cops!
We went into the city! I loved it! I've never been to a big city before and it was awesome. All the tall buildings were so cool!! I went I my first train ride into the city and we rode on a trolley, and we even rode the L-Train! It was so cool I felt like I was in a movie!!
Pageant
At the visitors center they have a woman's garden with all these amazing statutes. All about Women!!
Temple!
Carthage Jail
Saturday we took a trip to Nauvoo and Carthage it was about three hours away from where they live! It was such an amazing experience! The temple was beautiful! There are all these different places to see that they have restored to look as if the pioneers were still there. It was really cool to think that such amazing people walked the same grounds I was walking like Joesph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, and Heber C. Kimball. Then we watched the pageant that night and it was awesome truly a testimony of all the people that participated.
The best party was we won front row tickets to Wicked!! It was amazing I am still can't believe that I have seen it because I have wanted to see it so bad!! It was so good they did such a good job, I loved Elphaba!!!




8 Insights:
Thats so fun! I love Wicked but still haven't seen it played out!
I'm so glad you got to see Megan! You girls look so gorgous in those pics. All grown up now, eh? And yes, Wicked is pretty much the most amazing musical I've ever seen. And Lion King comes next, which I'll be seeing in NYC next week! Yay!
I took that trip right after we graduated from high school, and it was a BLAST! I thought Chicago was pretty friendly for a big city, and MEgan's home town is really cute!
I was just there! But my pics are at night so they aren't as cool as yours! It's an awesome place! If winter wasn't so cold I would live there!
this would have been like the best trip ever! why didn't i come?! :) i haven't been to nauvoo since the temple was built, i need to go back. i also love chicago! it's one of my favorite cities! how fun that you got to visit megan too! glad you had a great time!
What a fun trip Whitney! I too am just dying to see Wicked!
I'm so glad that you were able to go to Nauvoo and Carthage-they're truly amazing experiences.
And are you dating this Steven "grown man"? He seems to be a lot of fun! ;)
I am a little jelous that you were just in Chicago! Spencer and I love Chicago. It is such a fun city! Spencer's main purpose is to go see the Cubbies play, which is so fun, but I also love all the sight seeing and shopping! I am hoping we'll get to go next year!
Hey girl, that top picture of you and your friend looks like a picture I have of me and meghan at efy!!! you totally look like her too!
Post a Comment